Old July 23rd 03, 06:52 PM
Fred in Florida

"Larry Smith" wrote in message
This was not a kit. It's a Rutan moldless composite design built from

plans. The design has many successful examples flying today, probably
hundreds. Wait until all the evidence is in before you draw your
conclusions.

I agree that the death is tragic. We had a wonderful aircraft builder, an

ophthalmologist, killed here several years ago when he flew his Moni for
the first time. His wife and children were also watching. Oh, it was a
sad day of grief! But, you know, that young doctor had flown a
Rutan-designed aircraft for a number of happy years before the catastrophe
which took his life.

Don't jump to rash conclusions.

Larry, just a small point. While Rutan did design (not market) the original
18-20 hp Quickie, he had nothing to do with the Q2 2-seater and its
derivatives, which were designed by Garry LaGare.

Fred in Florida

PS My Express door latches are great, very much like Glasair latches. Check
'em out ;-)