Old August 19th 03, 03:56 AM
Marty Ross

I didn't think of this. I can imagine that a single IPC (which includes the
cost of a CFII) every six months would cost less than my alternative of
going up myself more than once per month.

I'll see what the regs say, but from your experience, how does an IPC
compare to an IFR checkride? Is it as objective/standardized? Since it's
done by an instructor (not a DE), I would think not...

"ArtP" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:17:33 GMT, "Marty Ross"
wrote:

Any tips, recommendations for keeping IFR currency as a non-owner on a
budget?

I fly an approach to minimums on MSFS every day (more or less). I fly
very little in a real plane. Every 6 months I get an instructor and do
an IPC. The PC practice must be working because I have never had a
problem with the IPC. Most instructors are impressed with how well I
know the avionics (Garmin has an excellent PC based simulator for the
GNS430).