Old September 15th 05, 05:45 AM
Ande

I bought my C150L on ebay..
After months of looking, it turned out that I found one listed on ebay being
sold less than 50 miles away.
(however, if I had not seen it on ebay, I'd never known it was for sell)
Went and looked at it.. Bid high enough, and won the auction.
I too suggest that you advertise on Ebay, and be sure to set the reserve
higher than you actually want to sell the plane for. That way, you may get
'after-auction' offers. (Plus, you can re-run the auction free if it doesn't
meet reserve on the original auction)
"John Doe" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw something on the news the other day that said Ebay Motors
(specifically the automobiles) gets more visitors than all the major
used car sites COMBINED.

I am thinking about listing my airplane, a C-172 Skyhawk, on Ebay for
that reason. Do you guys think that Ebay is presently a good medium
for re-selling airplanes? Or should I stick to Trade-A-Plane, etc?

comments?

I've been shopping for a plane all summer and I check ebay every weekend
to see what's posted. Several planes have sold this summer so it is
possible.

Be flexible and talk with everyone who's willing to bid. Offer refundable
options after the end of sale but put time limits in place.

Now that you can lower your reserve during the auction, it's a good medium
to negotiate your sale price in front of miliions of people. I would
study all the airplanes currently being listed and take the time to post a
complete ad. Those do much better than someone who basically posts a
classified ad. Post as many pictures of the plane, both interior and
exterior as you possibly can. All those things will help it sell.

There are so many planes for sale right now, you really need to make yours
stand out.

Good luck.