Old July 23rd 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
M[_1_]

Default Looking for good airports in the Northwest

BTW for fly-in food, check my website
http://www.chouby.com/apps/100dollarhamburger.html

M wrote:
Nehalem Bay state (3S7): paved runway in the state park, walking
distance to a very beautiful beach.

Siletz Bay state (S45): walking distance to the beach, and a nice
cafe. check airnav for more info

Florence (6S2): Courtesy car available. You can drive to the beach or
visit the Heceta head light house. Beautiful sand dunes near the
airport.

Pierce county (1S0): great breakfast restaurant on field

Bremerton (PWT): great seadfood restaurant on field.

Cirrus wrote:
Hi Everyone-
I was wondering if I could pick the brains of some of you with more
experience than myself.... Can any of you recommmend some great pilot
destinations in Washinton or Oregon? I'm aware of Friday Harbor and
Hoquiam, but would like to find other airports where a pilot can land
and either easily get into town (without renting a car....) or eat at
one of those great on field restaurants. Any Ideas would be much
appreciated. The 100$ hamburger book/website is nice, but for some
reason seems a little lacking in what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance!