Old October 31st 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

Default LX Mini Map

On Oct 31, 11:59*am, Greg Arnold wrote:
On 10/31/2010 11:40 AM, Darryl Ramm wrote:

One of my concerns (besides the lack of information from NK) is the NK
vario will be no interst to me, and I suspect many other piltos with
fairly well equipepd panels if the vario either does not have an
internal GPS which outputs TAS in the NMEA stream or feed through a
NMEA stream. This includes all extra sentences like from a Flarm/
PowerFLARM and adding the TAS etc. data to it and do all that in a way
that is compatible with popular soaring software (i.e. for a start
emulate a C302 TAS and other NMEA extensions).

I guess this depends on whether they intend the vario only as a
supplement to the ClearNav, or whether they intend it to work also with
other systems. *If the former, they would really be limiting its market..

I have an "antique" B50 vario, and it has no problem taking the GPS
stream from my logger, adding TAS, and sending that to CU Mobile. *I am
hoping that the NK vario (as well as the LX vario that goes with the
Mini-Map) will also do this.

Greg and All

I spent 2 weeks in Slovenia in September with LX navigation & LXNAV
training to be a US Service Center and a US Autorized Dealer for both
companies.

Both the MiniMap and LX1606 Vario information are on my website.
Manuals etc. Both come with the New Vario, Either can accept data
streams from a variety of GPS devices from PowerFlarm to a Garmin,

http://www.craggyaero.com/lx_navigation1.htm

The Vario component is the same for both systems and accepts Pitot,
Static and TE. Temp probes are no longer required as the pressure
sensors are internally compensated. TAS data is in the nmea stream,
buad rate 38300 is perferred.

The LXNAV LX8000 and LX9000 also use this Vario component.

I showed both devices at the PASCO conference this weekend.

Please call if you have questions.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com