Old October 31st 10, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_2_]

Default LX Mini Map

I spent 2 weeks in Slovenia in September with LX navigation& LXNAV
training to be a US Service Center and a US Autorized Dealer for both
companies.

Both the MiniMap and LX1606 Vario information are on my website.
Manuals etc. Both come with the New Vario, Either can accept data
streams from a variety of GPS devices from PowerFlarm to a Garmin,

http://www.craggyaero.com/lx_navigation1.htm

The Vario component is the same for both systems and accepts Pitot,
Static and TE. Temp probes are no longer required as the pressure
sensors are internally compensated. TAS data is in the nmea stream,
buad rate 38300 is perferred.

The LXNAV LX8000 and LX9000 also use this Vario component.

I showed both devices at the PASCO conference this weekend.

Please call if you have questions.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

I believe the vario he

http://www.craggyaero.com/User%20Gui...%20V%200_8.pdf

is the same as the one that goes with the Mini-Map (except it doesn't
have the newer dial). So the picture on page 4 shows the back of the
Mini-Map vario, with connections for TE, pitot, and static.