Old February 26th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Instruement checkride...for real this time (long)

On 02/25/06 22:27, Jack Allison wrote:
The short answer: I passed :-)

[ snip]

Big Congratulations, Jack!

Do you mind if I ask why you decided to make your turn at 400' when
initially departing KSAC? I was told that, barring any other restrictions,
you should not begin a turn until within 300' of TPA when VFR, and above
circling mins when IFR.

And by the way, if it was just a brain fart, I'll tell you what happened
when I was asked to do a DME arc and holding during part of my IFR check-out
at the new club ;-\ ... it may make you feel better about yours.

Now, after you get a chance to relax and revel in your success, I want to
talk about staying current ;-)

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA