Old November 22nd 04, 01:55 AM
Steven Barnes

Our club has a '67 182. Similar behavior. I'll have to try pulling all the
way at idle. I've never had it kill the engine on final, though.
I've gotten to the point I only pull the carb heat out about half way.

"zatatime" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 20:10:30 -0500, "R.T." brt5ATexeculink.com
wrote:

Hello all, may be some one could help me out. I purchased a 1967 C-182 K
this summer with a Continental 470. When I pull out the carb the RPMs

drop
considerably(200+rpm). I believe that it is creating a rich mixture as on

run up I can get the rpms to come back up by leaning. I guess I'm just

not
used to this kind of massive change and I'm wondering if its normal and

if
there is anything I can do about it.

Sounds like your carb heat works really well.

Bring the engine back to full idle and apply the carb heat. If it
still runs I wouldn't worry about it. Doing this check will make sure
the engine won't quit on short final.

HTH.