Old July 11th 05, 05:30 PM
three-eight-hotel

Okay, so bear with me cuz technical electronics is not my forte'. I
can talk software and web development all day long, but circuit talk
hurts my head... ;-)

If I get scratchy to loss of reception, that's going through one
circuit path in the audio panel. No transmission and side-tone loss is
taking another route in the audio panel. So what I think you are
saying is that it is not likely that both circuits went bad at the same
time?

The antenna was just replaced with a brand new one and my old one is
currently on eBay to minimize my losses! That would leave the
feedline... Is that something I could easily replace on my own? Would
that be a legal thing for me to repair or should I just point my
mechanic in that direction and eat the cost of the feedline and
installation labor?

Sorry for being such a knuckle-head... I guess I should have paid more
attention in those electonics classes? I do remember something like
"Bad Boys Rape Our Young Girls But Violet Gives Willingly"??? ;-)

Greatly appreciate the input!!!