Old May 19th 18, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

How about this one?

https://www.batteryspace.com/lifepo4...ssed-dgr..aspx

I've been using these for 2 years now, and I am generally satisfied, having nothing else but Powersonic 12v 15 Mah SLA to compare, but I am still getting power above 12.8 volts after 5 hours running radio, S80, PowerFlarm and an old Becker 5401/3401 Mode C 250 Watt transponder.

Using the recommended charger overnight, I start the flight at 13.4 volts and after several hours at high altitude and OAT at 30 degrees F, I am still getting enough to keep everything happy. No complaints, except the built-in LED
pushbutton display is not visible unless I untape the inspection hatch and deal with the contortions needed to see the three power level indicators. No big deal, as there are voltage indicators on the S80, the Becker 4201 radio and my new Trig TT22 transponder. As well as a dedicated LCD voltage display (https://www.lascarelectronics.com/la...ment-emv-1125/)