Old October 3rd 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default Homebuilt Aircraft Frequently Asked Questions List (FAQ) QuestionPossible Correction needed.

Bryan Martin wrote:
My DAR issued a temporary AW certificate when he inspected the plane and
I received the permanent AW certificate a few weeks later. All I had to
do to to transition to phase 2 was to enter and sign a canned statement
in the aircraft logbook stating that phase 1 testing was completed in
accordance with the FARs. The DAR gave me the exact wording for the
statement i needed to put in the log.

That was my understanding of the procedure.