Old July 15th 05, 01:28 AM
Carl Orton

Pretty much the same for me.

The last time I applied for insurance, I had a PPL, but was dormant for many
years. I stated that fact at time of application.

Once I regained currency, I called my agent AND the insurance company
itself. They both said that because I had the policy before I resumed
flying, they would cover my death if I were piloting an aircraft.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I specifically asked my agent (a long time friend) about this. I am
covered unless I am doing something illegal while in the plane (i.e.
running drugs, evading law enforcement, etc.). There was a 2 year
exclusion at the begining of the policy for flying, scuba diving etc.
but once that 2 year mark was passed, I was covered.

The only way to be sure is check your policy. Some do and some don't.

John S.
22.5 hour solo student