Old December 26th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default What is a 'PK" screw?

John ...

I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, but as I learned it the
blunt head "B" screw is properly called a PK.

And yes, you can ruin a tinnerman quite easily substituting one for the
other.

Jim

"John Kunkel" wrote in message
news

"mhorowit" wrote in message
oups.com...
I see mention of "PK" screws. Can someone point me to an illustration?

At http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/...talscrews.html is a
Truss Head Type 'A' sheet metal screw, which is what I'm visualizing;
is that it? - MIke

By strict definition only the pointed sheet metal screw is a PK, the blunt
end (type B) screws have a slightly different thread pitch.