Old August 18th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shirl

Default Unusual Traffic

Dale wrote:
I used to fly the B-17 and B-24 for the Collings Foundation. We (the
B24) were inroute to Anchorage, Alaska. SE of Cordova we meet a Turbine
Otter heading south. He calls on 122.8 and asks our type of aircraft
and we told him B-24 Liberator. He replied that he thought that's what
we were but was surprised to see us so wanted to make sure. We didn't
tell him that a few miles in trail was the B-17 9-0-0. After a few
minutes comes back up on 22.8 with "holy **** guys, did you know there's
a B-17 behind you?!"

I took a ride on 9-0-9 at a Collings event in 2002 out of Moffet Field,
CA ... the B-24 was there that day, too. Was that you at the controls?
If so, thanks ... nice ride!