Old August 1st 20, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

Default Scary story about landing on a Lake Tahoe golf course

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 7:58:09 PM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
How can you land out on a flight with a glider that is averaging 83 to 1 glide over the entire flight?? (See the OLC link at top.)To me that would be almost like having a motor. Seems like really bad planning.

Gliders have been landing out for as long as they have been flying.
While a great ship offers amazing performance, (not like I own one though),
the inevitable victory belongs to gravity.
Nobody got hurt, Success I say, and a valuable lesson to be shared without criticism.
Respect,
Scott