Old February 14th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default cylinder replacement

A new cylinder doesn't have to be $1500. New Superiors are
under $900 from factorycylinders.com.

Thanks for the note. The cylinder shop gave us a quote of around $7000 for
four new Superior cylinders. Granted, that does include their labor in
inspecting/disassembling the existing cylinders, and (I hope) maybe tax as
well. But it does seem just a wee bit excessive given that I checked with
factorycylinders.com and the cylinders can be purchased from them for $869
each = $3476 total.

I'm currently waiting for my A&P to make some calls and get me a quote on
four new ones from someone else - probably airpower.

Are there any opinions on Lycoming vs Superior? Airpower shows the
Lycomings for about $100 more.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android