Old March 14th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Stan Prevost[_1_]

Default LPV vs LNAV/VNAV?

"Stan Prevost" wrote in message

This all sounds familiar, like it has come up before. I don't remember
how it was resolved, and it is too late to dig through TERPS to try and
figure it out. I'm going to bed. :-) Maybe tomorrow will google the ng
for KPQI.

This thread is why it sounded familiar: http://tinyurl.com/2uv32k

If the FAA calculates the angle from the FAF to the threshold crossing
altitude (or the TDZE), then the numbers on the KPQI chart don't work out.
If the distance is reduced by 0.3 nm per Jepp, the numbers seem OK. But
that's not shown on the NACO chart.

It works out pretty close using descent from PESIC to threshold crossing
altitude.

Stan