Old October 27th 10, 10:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rhubarb[_2_]

Default LX Mini Map

Hi

I think the lack of a battery in the mini map is an advantage.
Batteries can be a pain. With my IPAQs I have to:

* replace old batteries
* keep the batteries charged (or end up with a hard reset)
* deal with accidental switch-ons (which empty the battery and lead to
a hard reset)
* my Ipaqs seem to require 5.5v to charge while my 302 was only
providing 5v so if I was unlucky the Ipaq could discharge in flight.
solved by building in my own 5.5v power supply.

If I had a penny for every time I have had to do that PocketPC hard
reset cut/paste exercise. (does anyone know if it can be disabled).
followed by setting date/time/timezone...ARRGGHHH

Peter