Old July 14th 12, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Looking for info on world record jet aircraft

In article ,
Paul Saccani wrote:

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:07:24 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:03:49 AM UTC-4, Harry K wrote:

I wonder what ever happened to the nut.

Harry K

Right here, K-boi, laughing at all the jealous fools who will never achieve
what I have accomplished. The claim that the CriCri is smaller than the
BD-5J has been laughed at for years. If it were true, =anyone= who
owns/owned one could have applied for the record. So sad for all you dweebs
that the record must be claimed by weight =and= size, and the CriCri is
longer than the BD-5J by almost a foot, and that's why the BD-5J has held
the record for more than 30 years now.

The Cri-Cri MC15J is about half the weight of your BD-5, at 80 kg
versus 162.7 kg. *Whilst your stated length, 3.7 m, is shorter than
the 3.9 m length of the MC-15J, your wingspan, at 5.7m, is .8 m wider
than the 4.9 m wingspan of the MC15J Cri-Cri.

This makes your aircraft the shortest jet, but in no way does it make
it the smallest.

Not the lightest, not the smallest.

Those are the facts.

*I wish you luck with the world's shortest jet.

My limited experience with them is that they have unpleasant handling
and occupants do not fare well in a forced landing, even on an
airfield.

I would suggest that you provide some crushable structure under the
seat. *In a gear up landing, there is strong tendency to back injuries
and paraplegia, which you don't want. *There is essentially no
distance between your backside and the ground when you land wheels up,
and the accelerations are quite great.

I don't think any landing issues are of concern to the owner of the kit in question.