Old March 26th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.aviation.military,talk.politics.misc,alt.society.labor-unions
Michael A. Terrell

Default Is the 787 a failure ?

wrote:

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 03:04:41 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

VERY common problem on "A Piece of Crap" UPS systems (as well as some
cheaper ones) but when they split they don't leak.

they are designed to recharge quickly so they are ready for the next
minor outage. That way they can use a smaller battery and sell them at
a price that most users can afford.

Yes, but MANY other brands that sell to the same market - at the same
or similar price point, have less of a problem.

People around here complain that they aren't ready for the next power
failure. Pick one most suited to your power problems. We get outages
in clusters. You either need a UPS that will charge in a hurry, or a
much larger unit to cover a cluster. If you only have the rare outage,
then you can go for maximum battery life. I use the cheap steel cased
APC units here, because I get used ones for free. There were 17 in one
batch. I also have some commercial grade rack mount units from another
company sitting around, useless. Lots of unmarked parts & the OEM
claims they never made those models. They also claim that anyone
outside the factory is too damned stupid to do more than change the
batteries.

enough left over to pay them.

Sometimes Friday is just the fifth Monday of the week.