Old April 12th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Taggart

Default four course radio range video

On Apr 11, 12:23*pm, VOR-DME wrote:
I liked the video, and I particularly like the initiative. A more detailed
video, showing some use for on-course navigation and approaches (with a couple
of shots of sectionals from that time, showing the four courses) would have
been more informative to those unfamiliar. I sent the link to my former
instrument instructor who used to fly these in the Navy, but I had to
apologize for you for the poor title, as he is far to young to have been
flying in "the 1940's".

I liked the heroic music as the C-152 takes to the air, though I wonder if the
Captain really uses flaps on takeoff for this aircraft. I assume this is the
plane in which you are having "a blast" at 41,000 ft!

In article ,
says...

Hi bob... Did you see the Video??? * what did you think? * I know the
range was used from 1928 to 1970 * give or take *few years *We have
been having a BLAST with our 'range station *at 41,000 feet we can
track it out to *300 NM!!! *It is spot on! all four legs to boot!
let me know how you liked it!!

Dave

We use Flaps all of the time! flaps 10 or flaps 20 this airplane is a
Cessna 150 with a 160 HP engine It is a mean short field airplane
with flaps 20 airborne in 350 feet with full fuel!