Old September 23rd 04, 02:45 PM
sidk

I can offer a word of advice regards the Microaire Comm: I have one
in my Starduster that now works quite well but initially I was plagued
with howling in the transmit audio due to rf getting back into the
radio because of two deficiencies in my installation:
1) non-optimum match to the transmit antenna.
2) insufficient shielding of audio wiring.

After I did it right, it works great.

Sid Knox

Velocity N199RS
Starduster N666SK
KR2 N24TC
W7QJQ

Hi, I am finishing the construction of a J-3. I intend to have the
following in the aircraft and would like to know if you can give me any
hints or suggestions on the type, location and mounting of the antenna
farm. ;

Microaire Comm
Microaire Transponder
PDA GPS System ( Would prefer built in system, but they are not in the
price range)
ELT
2-meter ham unit
Amateur TV Transmitter