Old September 28th 04, 08:39 AM
John

Craig wrote:

UltraJohn wrote in message
nk.net...

What is it a tube type final? 45 watt should only require about 60 watt
input for the final plus maybe another 20 watt for the rest of the rig
including drivers (if it's transistor). That's less than 7 amps give it
at least 50% cushion would be around 10 amps so why 3 times the current
for the breaker?

Sorry for taking so long but I've had all the systems down due to some
ISP induced problems for the last few days.

Doubt it's a tube final (Motorola MCX1000), but I did take a better
look at the power cord this morning as I was getting ready to fab a
new mount for the van for it. Has a 3 amp control line and a 15 amp
main power line. The 30 amp line was a feed for some other gear for
the truck and just happened to be laying on the wire bundle when I
looked at it last week,

Craig C.

I can accept that a lot easier ;-) Still quite a bit overkill so trying to
figure out what kind of electrical system capacity to power it along with
all the other gear in the plane I think you could figure a lot less.
Have a great day
John
kc5vb (but mostly inactive (got into it to tinker with electronics which is
both my hobby and profession!))