Old February 26th 04, 02:24 PM
ajohnson

dave wrote in message news:sNT_b.118474$uV3.615639@attbi_s51...
There is a slight possibility that i may take a job in Raleigh NC,
actually RTP area.

What is the airport and hangar situation there?

Any preferred places to live which aren't too expensive?

Airpark living?

Thanks

Dave

For Airpark living the only one available that I'm aware of
is Lake Ridge, which a link has already been posted too. That's
where I fly out of. Grass strip, great family atmosphere with
lots of tail draggers and fly ins on weekends, but no instrument
approaches.

RDU is the big boy in the center, but is pretty GA friendly and
if you work in RTP will be close to work.

Other than that, there are several reliever airports that are
pretty similar (1 5000x100 foot runway with ILS) - JNX, LHZ,
TTA, and (slightly further away) TDF. To meet your 'not too
expensive' criteria will move you out of town and closer to
one of the above - home price is inversely proportional to
the distance to RTP.

Popular 'cheaper' Raleigh/RTP 'suburbs' and matching reliever airports:
Clayton - JNX
Wake Forest - LHZ
Creedmoor/Butner/Durham - 8NC8 (Lake Ridge)
Pittsboro/Holly Springs - TTA

--
Allen Johnson