Old October 29th 03, 11:34 AM
Eric D

Thank you! This is just what I was looking for. I will pass it on to my friend.

Thanks again!

Eric D

Recently, FAA Headquarters in Washington changed its position on the use of
hand-held VOR and GPS receivers for FAA check rides and is now allowing use
of them on the FAA check ride if certain requirements are met. On the
above-referenced web site, click on "Part 61 Frequently Asked Questions" and
search for "GPS" and you will find all you need to know about its use on FAA
check rides. Use of hand-held VORs are also addressed in the same section.

Lastly, FAA Order 8710-3C Pilot Examiner's Handbook is also available
online. The above web site will contain a link to find it. It's fairly
large to download and somewhat out of date, but available free, should you
wish to look at it. Hope this helps. Tailwinds, - Antique Examiner