Old February 21st 05, 05:00 PM
Roy Smith

In article RfoSd.4425$QQ3.589@trnddc02,
"John Kirksey" wrote:

"C. Osbourne" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know where I could get a downloadable, or freeware
program to assist in filling out a cross country navigation
form? Yes, I know we have to do that manually, but in the
learning process it'd be a great help to have a way to check
our answers for saneness.

If you can point me in the direction of either a downloadable
or web-based program to generate all the data, it'd be a big
help! I've seen duats, but I'm looking for something else.

Thanks for answering here.

I've been using both the AOPA real-time flight planner, and the Golden Eagle
product (www.flightprep.com) to do that very thing. The Golden Eagle product
seems to have a few more features. Both are free, Golden Eagle upgradable in
exchange for $$.

John K.
Student Pilot

I've always just used the flight planner on DUATS. Nothing fancy, but it
does what you need it to do. And it's free.