Old February 1st 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
DDAY

Default "V-22 DESERT TESTING FINDS PROBLEMS THAT HURT MISSIONEFFECTIVENESS"

----------
In article .com, "Duwop"
wrote:

You're probably thinking of the XV-15.

Didn't think so, the one I saw was longer in the belly with some
actual cargo room. One of the rumors was that the Osprey could replace
the OV-1D. The early version I saw did not have the lower fuselage
bulge the newest version shows.

But, this XV-15 website does specifically mention Huachuca, so maybe
my mind's playing tricks. I've been remembering them as Osprey /
V-22's forever.

http://www.dfrc.nasa.gov/Gallery/Mov...M-0040-01.html

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/v-22.htm

Your memory's faulty. Bill Norton in his book "Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey"
states that the first V-22 flight was made in Arlington, TX on March 19,
1989. (p. 43)