Old July 18th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jack Allison

Default OSH Arrivals -- The Kiwi is Ready

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
No mention about traffic...which is probably one of the biggest challenges of
the Ripon arrival. The guy in the pilot seat spends his time staring out the
front window and at the gauges.

Sure traffic is a big challenge but if a pilot is *only* looking out
front and at the gauges, IMHO, he's not doing enough or his focus is way
too narrow. I'm scanning everywhere I can see out the front and side
windows and my primary instrument focus is on two things: airspeed and
altitude. Throw in listing to Fisk approach for good measure. This is
all while my brother/co-pilot doing the same things.