Old November 20th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default T-6 accident

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

"Flown with worse" in the business isn't a positive trait to posess
and can end up being a fast trip to a hole in the ground.
Unfortunately in Ed's case, it ended that way.
My job has always been to keep pilots alive in the acro environment. I
have to say that I never used Ed as a positive example. His kind of
aggression toward aerobatics was just beyond my comfort limit.

Interesting. As a kid I always thought he had it cracked. He didn't do
instruction AFAIK, but if he did I would have been there...
He used to roll inverted on takeoff as soon as he had clearance and his
flying was always pretty energetic, allright. I got to see him practice a
good bit and it was always very tidy, but in retrospect, as you say, he was
agressive compared to many. I have to say, as a young fellow I emulated a
lot of his stuff, and it was a major shock when he bought it. I suppose
your view of him would have been from the opposite end of the spectrum back
then!

Bertie