Old August 26th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Father/son day at the airport

It made me wonder, how long did you parental pilots wait to take your
kids up on their first flight? In any case, I've got years to wait! In
the meantime, I get to dress him in airplane themed baby clothes -- of
which he has many.

My son went up with me for the first time when he was four years old. My
daughter was 18 months old. They've each flown with Mary (my wife, also a
pilot) and me over 1,800 hours since then.

Fast forward 14 years, and dozens of wonderful flying adventures later. My
son, now 18, earned his Private last fall (and flew into -- and camped at --
Oshkosh this year), and my daughter will be taking flight lessons in the
summer of '10.

Enjoy them while they are little. I know you'll hear this a lot (and it'll
seem hard to believe), but the time really does go by in a flash, so enjoy
the journey with them!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA