Old September 15th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default Future Club Training Gliders

Darryl Ramm wrote:
I don't understand why someone would still buy an ASK21 today when you
can get a DG1000 or a Duo which offer *much* more performance for little
more money. And yes, they are perfectly suited for primary training.

I know they can and credit to places that are doing this, but I think
there is still a place for a slightly more "agricultural" primary
trainer. Especially if there is a training fleet to keep busy with
primary instruction.

attracting people who are likely to stay around and fly XC, buy their
own gliders, etc. - that is helped by having a more modern training
fleet and focus on XC capable ships and XC instruction/mentoring to
get people going.

You are aware that you are contradicting yourself?

BTW, in Europe, an introduction to cross country flying is a required
part of the primary training.