Old July 3rd 07, 07:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
展奄rdo

Default Brigadier General Olds

David Pride wrote:
General Olds is a triple ace who earned his title many time over, from his
service in World War II through Vietnam.

You, on the other hand, are a petty little twit who cannot possibly conceive
of what it is to serve one's country and lead a meaningful life. Otherwise,
you would not try to degrade those who are obviously better than you.

"shiver" wrote in message
Beverly Carmichael wrote:
It is appropriate to refer to him as Brigadier General Olds. Not 'Mr'
Olds.

Well Bev.... We have all met people like that.

Pompous people who even when retired insist that every one from
children to their parents address them by their title.

Why I'll bet a plugged nickle that on a saturday night down at the
lodge you insist that everyone call you Colonel instead of just plain
old Bev. And I'll bet the more beers you have in your belly the more
you insists on being called Colonel.

Colonel Beverly Carmichael
US Airforce (Retired)

What's "degrading" about mocking the pompous? If you'd read the message
the man is mocking the "Colonel", not the the subject of the title.

--
Moving things in still pictures!