Old September 13th 03, 12:55 AM
Vaughn

"Steve B" wrote in message
om...
Has anybody picked up their glider in Europe and flown it prior to
shipping?

I am curious if it can be done without any expensive registration or
tax in the country that it was manufactured in.

I presume from the context of the question that you are from the USA.
Perhaps the real question here is if you can get a foreign manufactured
aircraft registered in the US without it being seen by a US government
official. In the case of an experimental, I am pretty sure that is
impossible. I know one case of a gent who took delivery of a new
experimental glider is a different STATE with the idea of taking a domestic
flying vacation, yet was unable to get the FAA to register it until he
trailered it home and applied at his home FSBO.

Vaughn