Old July 30th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave S

Default Non-precision approach without a published MAP?

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
Peter R. wrote:

Last Friday I flew with another pilot to Starke County, Indiana (KOXI) to
pick up my stranded Bonanza.

The airport is only served by one instrument approach, a VOR/GPS approach,
linked he

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/.../06847VG18.PDF

Until this approach, I had not encountered a non-precision approach without
a published missed approach point. Is this more common than my experience
has provided to date?

Unless I am missing something obvious, the VOR is the missed approach
point. There are hundreds (thousands?) of approaches like this where
the missed begins at the navaid.

It also occurs BEYOND the departure end of the runway...