Old July 26th 03, 01:54 AM
Judah

Robert Perkins wrote in
:

Snip
4 -- How does one go about assembling the spousal-persuasion
presentation for such a harebrained idea like this? Any success
stories?

Although I am not an expert in spousal-persuasion, nor in airplane Leasebacks
(although I too considered it for about a week), I believe that I am an
expert in Harebrained ideas.

Here's the way I look at it. If you continue to remain married after
purchasing a plane, your wife will probably hold it over your head for a very
long time and a variety of favors.

OTOH, if you simply divorce your wife, you may be able to reduce the total
divorce settlement by up to 50% of the money that you drain into your
airplane. Perhaps you can give the house to your wife, and keep the plane
outright, and live in the plane for a while.

The bad news is that divorce will probably be nearly as expensive as the
plane.

It is still not completely clear to me, though, which expense is more "worth
it"!