Old December 13th 05, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Plexiglass protective paper

Most rubbing alcohol is isopropyl alcohol but it can also be denatured
alcohol (ethanol with some bitter substance added to decrease the chances of
it being drunk). I am not aware of any rubbing alcohol having methanol.
Methanol is very toxic - causes blindness and death. Methanol is commonly
used as an antifreeze in windshield washer fluid (note the poison labels).

Jerry in NC

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ken Moffett" wrote

Do not use denatured alcohal to soak off paper from Plexiglas. I've had
it
craze very badly from exposure to alchol. I had a Plexiglass cylinder
that
some one filled with ethonal, and in a short time it fractured all over

and
fell apart.

Rubbing alcohol is methanol. Big difference from ethanol. That said, I
have no idea if methanol will harm plexi.
--
Jim in NC