Old October 13th 03, 08:34 AM
greg

Default Fujitsu LT C-500 as EFB questions...

I'm looking for comments and suggestions specifically about using a
Fujitsu LT C-500 as a backup tool for approach plates using Jeppview
with Flightdeck.

Although I'll always be printing my plates, would it really be
possible to use this thing in a pinch?

Has anyone tried a USB GPS with one of these to get position overlay
on approaches and enroute?

Has anyone figured out an acceptable, and economical way to yoke mount
these?

I'm also trying to figure out the best way to power it off the
airplane electrical system. In most cases it would be in an older
cessna with only the 28V DC lighter available for power.

I thought about getting an AC inverter rated for 24V-28V input like
the KV-150T on this webpage: http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-25.html.
Can anyone think of any problems with that idea? Other than ending up
with lots of cables... It seems alot harder to find an adapter to
adapt directly from the 28V DC outlet to the back of the laptop.

thanks for any thoughts,
greg