Old February 27th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Left Mag Dead... After Annual???

I tend to agree, and it only reinforces the three words to live by,
according to Jim... But, assuming you don't do an owner assisted
annual, how much is too little? i.e. Gene's post on plugs not even
being in finger tight... Does everyone remove their cowl cover after
annual and go through, checking for things like that? I assumed
vigilance during preflight and runup was being fairly responsible...

It sounds like popping the cowl cover might not be a bad thing to do
after annual, although I wouldn't have been able to catch a dead mag.
Again... I'm glad it happened on the ground!

What about folks that rent? Does everyone thoroughly check airplane
logs, and if it is noticed that the flight you're about to take is the
first flight out of annual, how much do you do, outside of a thorough
preflight and runup?

Todd