Old January 6th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Default Sloppy Piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

I'm interested in hearing what you do to combat the human tendency
toward sloppiness? Any tricks that you might use, or methods you might
employ?

Being a CFI I tend to explain various operations and procedures
to my passenger as if I am instructing them. It seems to make
things be more interesting to them and also serves to put me
into "instructor mode". The result being you try to be more
precise as if you are demonstrating a maneuver or procedure
as you would with a student. I also enlist them in watching out
for traffic.