Old December 16th 04, 06:16 PM
Robert Borucki

Default Gear problem in an Aztec PA23-250

I was flying around in a '64 Aztec yesterday, and did some touch and goes,
and on one downwind, dropped the gear, and did not get a right main gear
down indicator light. I tried switching lightbulbs, etc. I had full
hydraulics, as the flaps worked fine. I tried cycling the gear a few times,
then tried pumping manually. I then flew around fairly slow in the practice
area and did a few turns, and then the gear light popped on. Just prior to
that, did a few flyby's at the airport, and the observer said it looked like
the gear was down. Anyways, with three green, I went in and landed
uneventfully.

Any ideas?

Bob Borucki