Old June 2nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Canadians importing from Aircraft Spruce?

No matter where you purchase your materials, you will pay GST and PST,
so what you are really up set with is the brokerage...

From what I understand if you send something UPS ground you will get
dinged with a large brokerage fee. If you step up to the next level of
UPS shipment to Canada, the Brokerage fee is included in the shipping
price or it isn't as bad as ground.

If you ship FedExpres ground you my be SOL when it hits the border as
you will have use your Broker as FedExpress will not use theirs. If you
step up a level, the shipping cost goes up, but they will clear it and
the brokerage fee is $7.00.

If it a small shipment, you can have them send it via the US Postal
Service. It won't be traceable but you will only get dinged $7.00 for
the brokerage.

hth

Rob from Ontario

TJ400 wrote:
I posted earlier regarding a Canadian alternate for 4130 steeel tubing
but now require assistance when importing other aircraft supplies into
Canada from Aircraft Spruce.

When parcel arrives here in Canada, shipping, GST, duty and brokerage
fees are incredibly high... Are there any secrets or hints I might use
when having this stuff shipped north... For those who do a lot of
importing, how is it best accomplished? Can a small aviation
enthusiast like myself save a little in any way?

thanks so much in advance
TJ...