Old October 13th 06, 07:37 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,talk.politics.misc,misc.survivalism,rec.aviation.misc
B1ackwater

Default Ban privately-owned PLANES

On 12 Oct 2006 15:29:28 -0700, "
wrote:

B1ackwater wrote:
I can see requiring some extra training, maybe some
minor security check, before letting Joe Pilot fly
his Piper through the middle of NYC.

You mean SPECIAL protection for the rich of Upper Manhattan - while
the rest of us get the fallout (literally) of planes flown by private
pilots who barely can fly?

Actually, I meant the entire NY (Boston/Jersey/Baltimore/DC/
Atlanta/Jacksonville/Orlando/Miami/Tampa/New Orleans/Chigago/
Houston/ Denver/Phoenix/LA/SanFran/Seattle/etc) urban areas ...
not JUST the parts that belong to 'rich people'. If there's
pretty much no place to land that won't put you through
SOMEBODYS roof then I'd advocate special training and
licencing. Doesn't have to be super-severe ... but it needs
to be addressed.

So take your class war crap and shove it where crap belongs.