Old January 8th 04, 12:42 AM
C Knowles

"Mike Marron" wrote in message
(BUFDRVR) wrote:
Ron wrote:

.......stood down on 9/11?

The original poster asked a reasonable question and I was hoping
that someone such as yourself on active duty would've provided a
reasonable answer by now. Since I am not in the military I can only
speculate but it's obvious that the USAF dropped the ball on 9/11
BIG time!

Sorry, but the poster asked 1. a dumb question, or, 2. one designed to start
a flame war.

The USAF was not "stood down". Non-essential missions were put on hold until
things were sorted out but I can assure you essential missions were flown. I
was in a KC-10 orbiting over LAX that evening, refueling the CAP, the same
as all over the U.S.

As far as dropping the ball (if that's what he meant), others have already
provided an answer.

Curt