Old May 23rd 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Lift - Newton/Bernoulli ratio...

Dave Doe writes:

So a wing generates as much lift upside down?

Yes.

What I want, is half the difference between a wing up the right way, and
the wing up the wrong way. That is, I presume, the additional lifting
force from the Bernoulli effect vs a wing with a mirrored camber
(obtaining no lift due to the Bernoulli effect).

Camber does not produce lift. Angle of attack produces lift. A flat plank will
fly as long as it has a postive angle of attack, and it can do that
upside-down or right side up.