Old September 22nd 11, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian[_1_]

Default HP series landing gear info needed

I'm leaning more and more for a rigid strut..............instead of
welding, I like the idea of a broom handle/wooden dowel, that's
technology I can appreciate!

Brad

I would avoid this if possible. Or at least try it the oil 1st.
True for 99 landing out of 100 it will be fine. But that one time you
drop in in from about 4 feet or have land in a rough feild. You will
appreciate the suspension.

They obviously can work well. I haven't had my HP16T struts apart for
at least 5 years. I charged them to about 400psi then
which is just enough to begin to compress them when fully loaded. I
did hone them with a brake hone and install X style O-rings then.
They are still holding very close to the original charge I put into
them 5 years ago.

Brian