Old March 24th 04, 02:26 AM
Dave Stadt

I have a Cessna120 with a RR built O-200. FAA says they are the same as a
Continental O-200. All parts are interchangeable. Only difference is the RR
built parts part numbers end in RR..

"DeltaDeltaDelta" wrote in message
At my local airfield, there's an ordinary 150M with a Rolls-Royce engine.

As
far as i have been told, it's the standard, O-200 100HP Lycoming, just
licence built. Though my flying club has a Rocket with a Continental

IO-360
and three-bladed constant speed prop, though all other Reims-built 172s

are
with ordinary O-360s and two-blade fixed props

Triple Delta

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Dan Thomas wrote:

It's a wonder the FAA let Cessna get away with such
radical evolutionary changes without a recertification.

The FAA has not done so. Every change has had to be certified

individually
at
the time it was made. This spreads out the recertification costs.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that

would
not yield to the tongue.