Old May 28th 05, 08:20 PM
Don Hammer

Ahhh, but that is not highway use. I think actions like this may have
caused the supposed problem, but I am not sure that you actually have to pay
ANY tax for ground support trucks unless they can legally use the roads.

The point I was trying to make is jet fuel can be purchased in bulk at
less than diesel from the pump. Do you think it is possible that
companies like FedEx might be filling their trucks at the airport? I
don't know the answer to that. If that is the case, they are not
paying road use taxes on the fuel.

My comments on the ground support equipment was to reflect my
experience of having no problem burning it without damage to the
engines. One aircraft mechanic that worked for me used it in his
Dodge pickup for at least 10 years that I know of. It was stuff we
drained out for normal maintenance and inspections and we gave it to
him so we didn't have to pay someone to dispose of it.

BTW a farmer can get a refund of the road use tax he pays when buying
fuel.

http://www.usenet.com