Old July 14th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Allen Epps

Default Climbing on board a fighter

In article ,
Clark wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote in
:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:18:11 +0200, Max Richter
wrote:

Now my questions: Is there a policy that Navy-planes have steps or
ladders build in them?

Can't speak for USN policy, but I can't think of any recent Navy
designs that didn't have some sort of fold-down/out steps.

No ladders = less stuff to be stowed on a flight deck and less to be
blown around a flight deck. Last USN carrier aircraft I can think of
without a ladder was the A-4. You could get on it during cross
countries and such by stepping on the wing drop tank fin thence the wing
and inch up the refueling probe. That's the way we did it in training
command anyway.

Pugs