Old September 16th 03, 09:57 PM
Sandy Mustard

You'll find the exact same Osram lights on the first class seats on
Delta's 777. SO it must be approved somewhere.

Sandy Mustard

Doug Vetter wrote:

Sven wrote:
Try searching for Osram instead of Osran. Came up with many, one is:
http://www.aedwis.com/lighting.html

DUH! Unless I'm going crazy, they misspelled it in the article.

Only problem is they don't seem to be FAA/PMA approved. And, the model
pictured seems to be a white light only...and I'm looking primarily for
a red flood.

How the hell do people get this stuff approved for installation in
certfied aircraft? Whenever I ask my mechanic to put this stuff in they
just scrunch up their face, tilt their head a bit, and tell me "not
approved, can't install it".