Old April 5th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Flying from Vegas to Carson City

"Mike Noel" wrote:

I'm planning to fly from Tucson to Carson City in a couple of weeks.
I'll probably make a refueling stop in my Archer at Boulder City, then
skoot under the Vegas class B to the west and head up towards Beatty
and on to Carson City.

Do any of you have experience with flying this route? Any suggestions
for a better one? Its a bit of a wedgy with Restricted airspace to
the east and the Sierra Nevadas to the west.

I've made the trip from Phoenix up to Tahoe a few times. I agree with the others that Jean is an easy
stop. Another option to consider, especially if the weather is good, is to head east from Jean over Death
Valley to Lone Pine and Bishop and take the tour up the Owens valley. Very scenic with Mt. Whitney and
the Sierra Nevada range. It might be a little out of the way, but definitely more interesting than V-105.

Mike